Yesterday was my birthday and probably one of my favorite days so far! We had my very first book signing for Blissful Living and I was over the moon about it. Needless to say, I wasn't able to keep up my day 8 of Blissful Living - 30 days to domestic bliss challenge. For me, day 8 was my CLOSET + getting matching hangers. So today I am on that mission. Getting my closet arranged beautifully and looking like a boutique.
Here are 5 tips of the essentials for designing your closet:
1. Matching hangers. I've always been one to have the black felt hangers but I realized I had started stacking up random hangers from a few shopping sprees. I always believe that your closet should be organized and look like a boutique. So, I just found this incredible steal for 25$ for 50 black felt hangers. Isn't Amazon the best? I also have prime, I totally recommend it.
2. Color code your clothes. I pretty much color code everything, the apps on my phone, stacks of books, shoes and of course, my clothes. It makes looking for things easier. I am a very visual person so I enjoy the flow of things being color organized. I just think it looks more like a work of art. Try it and see how it feels for you.
3. Curate your basics. In my book, Blissful Living, I talk about created an adorable curated wardrobe with your favorite things displayed on a special rack so its easier to get ready in the morning. Each season it should be different. You can display your current favorite shoes, jewelry, hats, belts, bags, etc. I like this clothes rack, it could go with chic home decor. Also, the shelf on the bottom is a nice touch.
4. Add a full length mirror. You need to be able to properly see what you look like when you walk out of the door. This helps your confidence factor so I truly believe its a non-negotiable. Here are my picks for beautiful floor mirrors:
6. Get rid of what you don't love. It's always a good idea to throw out things that no longer make you feel gorgeous. When I was younger, I always tried to wear things because they were trendy of in style. Now, I wouldn't dare wear something that did not make me feel like a glamorous bombshell. Throw it out. Pay it forward and give it to Goodwill. P.S. THIS GOES FOR YOUR PJ's TOO! Don't be wearing ratty pants and large old frat tees to bed. Wear the most beautiful home clothes you have. If you don't have any, go get some right away. It will make you feel absolutely blissful.